Friday, April 25, 2008

Influential

I wanted to share a quote that I came across today while flipping through some old issues of Metalsmith Magazine.

Charon Kransen, influential private dealer in the contemporary jewelry world
"Sienna came to me and I gave her a reality check. I told her that people doing this kind of pioneering work have to follow their own instincts and style (referring to Sienna Patti, Owner of Sienn
a Gallery in Lenox, MA). You live and you show your vision." Kransen applies this dictum to artists as well, encouraging them not to play it safe, but to "use their God-given talent and trust that it will be recognized. The mainstream doesn't serve us."

This quote is really hitting home right now as I am trying very hard to push myself to the edge of creativeness (and I hope that I never fall over that edge). While I'm creating and experimenting I'm trying not to worry what the viewer/potential customer may think of the finished piece as this may cloud my vision and get in the way of my true ideas. In the end I can only hope that if someone understands what I am trying to get across with my work then it will be successful.


Little Growths

Object of Curiosity

Cheers to Friday. Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a wonderful quote!