Monday, May 17, 2010

Award of Merit

Thanks to everyone who came out to visit me in Burr Ridge. I met many great artists, new customers and friends! It was the first annual Spring Crafte Fest so it wasn't as busy as I had hoped (which is almost always the case) but the show was organized well and had a great collection of artists showing and has potential to become a great staple show for Burr Ridge in the following years. I won The Award of Merit for Jewelry...Wahoo! The best in show went to Barry Weiss of Hummingbird Studios (my booth mate). Barry makes lovely crystalline pottery (and I plan on getting a pretty little vase for myself).

The wind was nerve racking, especially on Sunday and sales were pretty low but all in all I had an okay weekend. I need a little winding down time today and plan on relaxing this morning before I hit the studio.

Make sure to check back for my featured artist of the month Christine of Bloom Studios.


No comments: