Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day Trip

Yesterday Eric and I took the dogs to the Indiana Dunes State Park to do a little hiking and swimming. I always love visiting the dunes and escaping the hustle and bustle of the city. It gives us a chance to recharge our batteries and just be peaceful for a while.

Willis Tower

(but it always seems to be lingering in the distance beckoning us back)
Chicago Skyline from Indiana Dunes

Me and Eric at the Dunes

not a soul in sight.
P1030335

P1030334

It makes me so happy to watch the dogs have such a grand time being wild and running free.
P1030330

Eric and the Dogs

My handsome boys approach the beach and listen to the waves and enjoy the view.
Two Handsome Boys

P1030328
Hope you all got to reboot this past weekend!

I want to do nothing more than bake in the late summer sun and listen to the cicadas today but oh I have so many things on my to do list...sigh. Maybe I'll get two or three things checked off and then reward myself :)
Cheers!

No comments: