Saturday, July 5, 2008

Always on my mind...

When my friend Nina (a fellow IU metals BFA) was visiting Chicago about two weeks ago, it was decided that we both are constantly looking at everyday things and thinking about how we could make jewelry or art out of almost anything and everything.

I find my self doing this ALL the time. This weekend my mom and I were preparing a fruit salad for a 4th of July cook out and I decided that I wanted to make a necklace out of the green tops of the strawberries.


The beginning of the fourth was rainy and cold in Indianapolis but it turned out to be a decent evening for lots of food, family, friends and fireworks. My mom got a nice photo of a raindrop covered succulent in her backyard called a mother of thousands.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

No comments: