Monday, August 17, 2009

Ramblings and what not...

Sorry my blogging has been so sporadic and sparse lately! I've been busy getting ready for Renegade and making pieces for etsy orders...and blogging always seem to get put on the backburner. Hopefully I can get back on the bandwagon this week and post more regularly!

My mom was in town for a fun weekend. We went to the Chicago Air and Water show(pics to come soon), visited some new neighborhoods, ate lots of food and walked a ton. We also relaxed a little...my mom knit (she is a pro at knitting and makes beautiful things...I'll let you all know when she gets an etsy shop) while I tried my hand at embroidering. I liked it a lot and will be stitching some more in my down time.

We went to the farmers market and picked up some fresh fruits and veggies. Can't wait to make my mom's famous zucchini bread, yum! I bought a lovely bouquet with some cockscomb in it (one of my favorite plants).

I'm also working on a few new designs today...so check back as I plan to have them finished, photographed, blogged and listed in my Etsy Shop so they can be a part of my BIG SALE!

I've been doing a little experimenting and playing around so that I can get a good idea of what I'll be doing for my installation at my neighborhood Community Garden. This is something in the very beginning stages. The whole thing will be covered with wire frames which will then be covered with fiber and plastic!
I'll share more as I get further along.

'Til next time (hopefully this evening)
Cheers!

No comments: